(as of Nov 25,2018 01:53:44 UTC – Details)
“A classic book on the subject . . . an excellent resource for ideas, discussion and inspiration.” —Heavy.com, “Top 5 Best Tiny House Books”
This book explores the philosophies behind the tiny house lifestyle, helps you determine whether it’s a good fit for you, and guides you through the transition to a smaller space. For inspiration, you’ll meet tiny house pioneers and hear how they built their dwellings (and their lives) in unconventional, creative and purposeful ways.
Inside Tiny House Living, you’ll find everything you need to design a tiny home of your own:
- Worksheets and exercises to help you home in on your true needs, define personal goals, and develop a tiny house layout that’s just right for you
- Practical strategies for cutting through clutter and paring down your possessions
- Guidance through the world of building codes and zoning laws
- Design tricks for making the most of every square foot, including multi-function features and ways to maximize vertical space
- Tours of 11 tiny houses and the unique story behind each
Tiny House Living is about distilling life down to that which you value most. Whether you downsize to a 400-square-foot home or simply scale back the amount of stuff you have in your current home, this book shows you how to live well with less.
“Explores the philosophy and design principles behind tiny houses—and showcases some beautiful homes built by folks who live the simple life mortgage-free.” —Writer’s Voice
“A great book for anyone who is interested in joining the tiny house movement but hasn’t quite made the leap.” —Compact Appliance