(as of Dec 11,2018 06:38:52 UTC – Details)
Are you sold on the tiny house movement but still not sure where you would put yours?
When it comes to building your own home, location is everything.
No doubt, you’ve heard about someone being forced to move from their tiny house due to complaints by neighbors, zoning issues, or conflicts with landlords.
The good news is that these kinds of issues can be minimized by finding the right piece of land for your tiny house. Whether you rent land, buy it, or trade your time or services, you need to lay out your exact requirements so you’ll know exactly the right space when you see it.
Inside Tiny House Parking: How to Find Safe, Practical, and Affordable Land for Your Tiny House
Tiny House Parking answers these questions and more:
- Where can I put a tiny house?
- Where can I legally build a tiny house in my jurisdiction?
- Will it be legal to live in my tiny house?
- How do I find landowners willing to let me rent a place for my tiny house?
- How do I avoid brushes with the law or local authorities?
In Tiny House Parking, you also get:
- A crash course in zoning basics so that you know how to find your town’s zoning bylaws and make important decisions about your tiny house.
- Information about the legality of different types of tiny houses.
- Advice how to deal with the law (if you have to).
- Exact requirements of what you’ll need on the land where you live.
- General strategies (and a huge list of resources) for finding exactly the right place.
Finally, Tiny House Parking features extensive interviews with three other tiny house dwellers so you can learn exactly how they went about finding land. These tiny house parking stories are followed by a list of tiny-friendly cities, and details about the tiny house movement in other countries.
Here’s what others are saying:
“For those willing to go the tiny mile, Ethan’s well-written book, Tiny House Parking, gives one the tools (and hope) to jump in and navigate how to park their wonderfully crafted tiny home by knowing the risks involved and how to deal with them sanely.” – Val Stilwell
“Tiny House Parking is a great guide, partly because of what it says, and partly because of what it doesn't… This book is full of sensible advice on how to find out what the laws are in your town and how to decide when to fly under the radar.” – Kristin Noreen
Select handpicked plans and designs from the best Tiny Home Builders in the USA
One of the most common requests we get is for tiny house plans and drawings that you can use to construct your own home. With a growing abundance of builders out there specializing in small house designs, we took some time to gather together the best of the best in one place.
While there are free plans out there, they don’t often include enough details, and can often create more questions than answers. The professional plans below include everything you’ll need to get started building your next tiny house, including detailed floor plans, material lists, transverse plans, foundation plans, and exterior details.
Be sure to bookmark this page, as we will update it with new plans as we find them. If you have any suggestions feel free to get in touch or leave a comment below.
|Tiny Home Builders
|DIY House Builder||Tumbleweed Tiny Homes|